Our mandate as contained in our establishing law, Act 744:
- 1. Accredit both public and private institutions as regards the contents and standards of their programmes;
- 2. Determine the programmes and requirements for the proper operation of an institution and the maintenance of acceptable levels of academic or professional standards in the institution in consultation with that institution;
- 3. Determine the equivalences of diplomas, certificates and other qualifications awarded by institutions in the country or elsewhere;
- 4. Publish as it considers appropriate the list of accredited public and private institutions and programmes at the beginning of each calendar year;
- 5. Advise the President on the grant of a Charter to a private tertiary institution;
- 6. Perform any other functions determined by the Minister.